University of Rome "Foro Italico" have in place effective procedures and arrangements to promote and guarantee the safety and protection of Erasmus+ and incoming participants from partner universities in their activity at our institution. With this regard, all Erasmus+ and Exchange students and trainees are covered by insurance in case of accident, serious incident (including permanent or temporary incapacity) and death.
If you are a student from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland and are in possession of a valid national health insurance in your home country, you need the European Health Insurance Card. This card is issued by your health insurance provider. The EHiC card will allow you to have access to the National Health care services (i.e. medical examinations, recovery in a hospital or in a health care centre, etc.). The overall objective is to guarantee you an adequate assistance throughout your stay in italy. Please note that the card does not cover payments for private healthcare providers or for planned healthcare.
The NHS gives you the same status as any Italian national from the medical services point of view:
- you can refer to a general practitioner (whose services will be free)
- you will have free access to first aid hospital services
- day‐hospital permanence
- surgical procedures in all public structures
- for blood and other analysis, examinations and specialist visit you must pay a reduced tax (ticket).
- registration is valid for one solar year. (1st January ‐ 31st December).