(SSD) Settore Scientifico Disciplinare:
Dipartimento di Scienze Motorie Umane e della Salute - Sezione:
Università di Roma "Foro Italico" Piazza L. de Bosis 6, 00135,
Antonio Tessitore has a specialization in sport and exercise science. He earned a PhD in Physical Education and Movement Sciences from the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium) and Master degree from the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” (Italy). Associate Professor at the Department of Movement, Human and Health Sciences of the University of Rome “Foro Italico”, where he teaches “team sports” (Bachelor of Movement and Sport Science -L22) and “situational sports” (Master of Science in Sport and technique -LM68).
He carries out his research at the laboratory of Sport Performance of the University of Rome “Foro Italico”, with several field of interests, around assessing agility, monitoring training fatigue and recovery and performance analysis in team and field athletes, coaching and dual career. He is tutor of PhD students.
Antonio is also coach and member of the board at the Athletic Department of the University of Rome "Foro Italico", and provides sport science advice to several team sports coaches and sporting organizations.
Recently he has been charged as coordinator of the sub-network "Sport" of the Mediterranean Universities Union.
Most recently Publications (2014 and 2015):
- Conte D., Favero T. G., Lupo C., Francioni F. M., Capranica L., & Tessitore, A. (2015). Time-Motion Analysis of Italian Elite Women's Basketball Games: Individual and Team Analyses. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 29(1): 144-150 (DOI:10.1519/JSC.0000000000000633).
- Rebelo-Gonçalves R., Severino V., Tessitore A., & Figueiredo A. J. (2015). Anthropometric and Physiological Profiling of Youth Soccer Goalkeepers. International Journal of Sports Physiology & Performance. 10(2): 224-231 (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1123/ijspp.2014-0181).
- Figueiredo A.J., Goncalves C.E., Tessitore A. (2014). Bridging the Gap Between Empirical Results, Actual Strategies, and Developmental Programs in Soccer. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance. 9(3): 540-543 (DOI: 10.1123/IJSPP.2014_0023).
- Corvino M., Tessitore A., Minganti C., Sibila M. (2014). Effect of Court Dimensions on Players' External and Internal Load during Small-Sided Handball Games. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine. 13(2): 297-303.
- Tornello F., Capranica L., Minganti C., Chiodo S., Condello G., Tessitore A. (2014) Technical-Tactical Analysis of Youth Olympic Taekwondo Combat. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 28(4): 1151-1157 (DOI:10.1519/JSC.0000000000000255).
- Lupo C., Capranica L., Tessitore A. (2014). The Validity of Session-RPE Method for Quantifying Training Load in Water Polo. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance. 9(4): 656-660 (DOI:10.1123/ijspp.2013-0297).
- Lupo C., Condello, G., Capranica L., Tessitore A. (2014). Women's water polo World Championships: technical and tactical aspects of winning and losing teams in close and unbalanced games. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 28(1): 210-222 (doi:10.1519/JSC.0b013e3182955d90).